Dr. Juan Mejia is a surgical oncologist practicing in Spokane, WA. Dr. Mejia specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Pancreatic Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Member American College of Surgeons
- Member American Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association
- Member American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Member Society of Surgical Oncology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and Affiliated Hospitals
- Transplant Surgery University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic Surgery University of Pittsburgh
Dr. Juan C. Mejia MD's Practice location
Spokane, WA 99204Get Direction
Dr. Juan C. Mejia MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Can Melatonin Keep Breast Cancer at Bay and Improve Treatment?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women. Today, this type of cancer generally has a good prognosis: around 80% of women have a survival rate of 10 years or longer. This is partially due to the chemotherapeutic agent known as tamoxifen. ...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Maryam Parviz M.D.601 S Sherman Spokane WA 99202
- Dr. Stephanie Rose Moline M.D.1204 N Vercler Rd Spokane WA 99216
- Dr. Ryan Frederick Holbrook M.D.601 S Sherman Spokane WA 99202
- Dr. Deborah A Martinez MD910 W 5th Ave Spokane WA 99204
- Dr. Heidi H Richardson M.D.910 W 5th Ave Spokane WA 99204
- Dr. Byron E Wright M.D.910 W 5TH AVE STE 800 SPOKANE WA 99204