Dr. Richard C Ahrens MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Richard Ahrens practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Ahrens treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 1973
Medical College of Wisconsin 1973
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- A phase I randomized, multicenter trial of CPX in adult subjects with mild cystic fibrosis.
- Tobramycin as a pharmacologic tracer to compare airway deposition from
- Levalbuterol has not been established to have therapeutic advantage over racemic albuterol.
- Device selection and outcomes of aerosol therapy: Evidence-based guidelines: American College of Chest Physicians/American College of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology.
- The role of the MDI and DPI in pediatric patients: "Children are not just miniature adults".
- Bioassay of salmeterol in children using methacholine challenge with impulse oscillometry.
- Safety and Efficacy of a Novel Microbial Lipase in Patients with Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency due to Cystic Fibrosis: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Pediatric Allergy; St Louis Univ Hosp, Pediatrics; St Louis Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics
Dr. Richard C Ahrens MD's Practice location
Dr. Richard C Ahrens MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ahrens
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- What Is Bronkaid?
Generic Name: Ephedrine and GuaifenesinBrand Name: Primatene Asthma, BronkaidIntroduction Bronkaid is known for treating the symptoms of asthma. It works by thinning the mucus, so it can be eliminated from the body through coughing. Bronkaid consists of two active ingredients:...
- What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening, inherited disorder, which affects the secretory glands producing mucus and sweat. Fluids secreted by the glands are usually thin. In this disease, the secretions become thick and sticky and block all passageways and ducts, particularly of the lungs and...
- Dr. Timothy Duane Starner MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Miles M Weinberger MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christoph O. Randak M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Carrie K. Barker M.D.988102 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Paul B Mccray MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Anthony John Fischer M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242