Dr. Thomas Paulson is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Paulson specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1979
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1979
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Acid Reflux
- Swimmer's Ear
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Ear Wax
- Outer Ear Infection
- Univ Of Ks Med Ctr, Otolaryngology; Univ Of Ks Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Kansas School of Med-Lawrence
- University of Kansas (Wichita) Program
Dr. Thomas O Paulson MD's Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
West Des Moines, IA 50265Get Direction
Dr. Thomas O Paulson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Home Remedies for Sinus Infections
Sinus infections are one of the most common conditions that affect millions of people, and the issue may continue throughout their lives. Sinusitis, the infection of the sinuses, is known to affect nearly 37 million people in the U.S. There are people who try and test different varieties of...
- Mild, Moderate, and Severe Vertigo
Vertigo can vary from one person to another, sometimes being just a minor inconvenience and other times becoming a disabling condition. To address these differences, vertigo is classified either as a mild, moderate or severe vertigo. ...
- Why Does Sleep Apnea Happen?
Sleep apnea may seem baffling at first. How much do you really know about the disease? What causes you to stop breathing in your sleep? Is this a natural phenomenon? Are some people more prone than others? How can you prevent it? Having many questions about a potential condition is normal. Many...
- What Specialists Treat Laryngitis?
Laryngitis is a condition that occurs when the voice box - also called the larynx - is inflamed and becomes swollen. It therefore cannot vibrate. It thus produces a hoarse sound from the throat or in some cases, rids one of their voice entirely. Recovery without treatment is possible.Symptoms of...
- How is Sinusitis Diagnosed?
Diagnosing sinusitis can be a tricky affair, considering that the symptoms closely resemble those related to colds and the flu. Very often, sinusitis develops from the infection triggered by cold and flu viruses, bacteria and fungi, and often lingers even after the disease-causing microbes have done...
- Dr. Matthew J Carfrae MD411 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Andrew Nelson Stevenson DO600 John Deere Rd Moline IL 61265
- Dr. Jeffrey Ryan Smit M.D.1601 Nw 114th St Clive IA 50325
- Dr. Eytan Young MD105 Valley West Dr West Des Moines IA 50265
- Dr. Richard J Rinehart M.D.5950 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266
- Dr. Stephen Richard Griffith M.D.1215 Duff Ave Ames IA 50010