Dr. Muhammad Mumtaz is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Mumtaz specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Mumtaz typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS- Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- St Luke'S Hosp, Thoracic Surgery; Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, General Surgery; Univ Ct Hlth Ctr/J Dempsey Hos, Internal Medicine
Dr. Muhammad A Mumtaz MD's Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23507Get Direction
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78207Get Direction
Dr. Muhammad A Mumtaz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mumtaz
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Dr. Lynne A Skaryak M.D.3333 N Calvert St Baltimore MD 21218
- Dr. Robert Frederick Dunton MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Jared Lee Antevil M.D.Magtftc Mcagcc Box 788250 Twentynine Palms CA 92278
- Dr. John Henry Artrip MD3640 High St Portsmouth VA 23707
- Dr. Michael F Mcgrath MD600 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Edward James Frick M.D.2000 Meade Pkwy Suffolk VA 23434