Dr. Elif Erkan MD
Nephrologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Nephrology3705 Fifth Avenue Suite 4b412 Pittsburgh PA, 15213
Dr. Elif Erkan received the prestigious SPR Fellow's Basic Research Award upon completion of her pediatric nephrology fellowship. She pursued a career as a physician scientist and continued to investi ...
Education and Training
Ankara Universitesi, Tip Fakultesi,Ankara, Turkey MD
Ankara Universitesi, Tip Fakultesi,Ankara, Turkey 1990
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Nephrology
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Marmara University Affiliated Hospitals 1992
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals 2000
- Montefiore Medical Center 2000
- Pediatric Nephrology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, Bronx, NY 1997
Dr. Elif Erkan MD's Practice location
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
CINCINNATI, OH 45229Get Direction
Dr. Elif Erkan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Erkan
- New "Alexa-Like" Virtual Assistant to Help Care for Alzheimer's Patients
On average, caregivers in the United States alone spend approximately 18 billion hours caring for those with Alzheimer's disease every year. Not only that, but these hours are unpaid. It could be a terrible burden, as they often need around-the-clock care to remember simple crucial tasks. For loved...
- Treatments for Gastroenteritis
The symptoms of gastroenteritis will usually settle within a couple of days if your immunity is strong. If symptoms are severe and they persist for more than a week, it is advisable to seek medical advice from a doctor. If you are diagnosed with gastroenteritis, your doctor will recommend the...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Hoda Z. Abdel-Hamid21 Davonshire Drive Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15238
- Dr. Yosuke Miyashita MD4401 Penn Ave Faculty Pavilion, 44 Pittsburgh PA 15224
- Dr. Michael L Moritz MD3414 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Agnieszka Swiatecka-urban MD3705 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Dana Young Fuhrman DO1 CHILDRENS HOSPITAL DR PITTSBURGH PA 15224
- Gaurav Nanda Other4401 Penn Ave Pittsburgh PA 15224