Dr. Michael Wachs is a transplant surgeon practicing in Aurora, CO. Dr. Wachs specializes in organ transplants, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the kidneys, liver, pancreas, intestines, heart, lungs, tracheal tissue and more. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Wachs performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Wachs works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
Education and Training
Mt Sinai Sch of Med of The City Univ of Ny, New York Ny 1988
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Kidney Transplant, Kidney Surgery, Liver Transplant And More
- Board Member American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- Board Member American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- Board Member The Transplantation Society
- Board Member Associateion for Academic Surgery
- Board Member American College of Surgeons
- Board Member International Liver Transplant Society
- Board Member Association of Transplant Physicians and Surgeons
- Member American Association for the Study of Liver Disease -
- Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center 1993
- University of California 1995
- University of California 1995
Experience & Accolades
- Associate Professor1995Surgery, School of Medicine, Surgery
Dr. Michael Wachs MD's Practice location
Dr. Michael Wachs MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wachs
- How Can I Lower the Risk of Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a common condition during pregnancy characterized by very high blood pressure and the presence of proteins in urine, both of which are seen after 20 weeks of pregnancy. The blood pressure in the pregnant woman who had normal measure of blood pressure rises to as high as 140/90 mm of...
- Teen Designs Word Search Puzzle for Grandmother with Alzheimer’s
Mary Pegg Frates, 86, used to herself occupied with solving word search puzzles. However, it became increasingly difficult to enjoy it when the letters became too small for her to read. Seventeen-year-old John Frates knew that he had to step up and find a solution for his grandmother.His touching...
- Polydipsia: What Causes Excessive Thirst?
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is a medical term given for extreme thirstiness. It is said to be one of the initial symptoms of diabetes. Polydipsia is also accompanied by either temporary or constant dryness in the mouth. It is very important to consume adequate amounts of water in a day, so that...
- Can a Piercing Ease Fibromyalgia Pain?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain syndrome that affects approximately 3 to 9 million American adults. The symptoms of fibro include painful, tender joints and awful body pain. These tender joints are sensitive to pressure in fibromyalgia patients. The healthcare community doesn't fully understand what...
- Nursing with Compassion: Easing the Final Journey
There are those who might not know about the effects that compassionate nursing can have on someone, but at times, being compassionate is one of the greatest ways to care for someone. For some patients, at their last moments, they need someone who knows that they are there during their time of need....
- Breast Cancer Survivor Gives Back
Roberta Lombardi from Madison, Wisconsin is a beloved wife and mother, as well as a successful businesswoman. But she is also a cancer survivor. ...
- Dr. Giridhar Vedula MD2535 S Downing St Denver CO 80210
- Dr. Trevor Lee Nydam MD Denver CO 80262
- Dr. Min Chong Yoo MD2535 S DOWNING ST DENVER CO 80210
- Dr. Akshay Pratap Chauhan MD12605 E 16TH AVE AURORA CO 80045
- Dr. Igal Kam MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Frederick Karrer MD13123 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045