Dr. Jean M Colandrea M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology3455 Wilkens Ave Suite 208 Baltimore MD, 21229
Dr. Jean Colandrea is a pathologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Colandrea is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Colandrea can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Colandrea may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1982
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
- Clinical Ctr At The Nih, Cytopathology; Washington Hosp Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Mercy Hosp & Med Ctr, General Surgery; Pa Hospital-Uphs, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- U Ill Metro Grp Hosp
Dr. Jean M Colandrea M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21229Get Direction
Dr. Jean M Colandrea M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Colandrea
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- What is Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever?
Dengue fever is a more common and typical viral disease spread largely through the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and to some extent by the Aedes Albopictus mosquito. Initially rampant in more tropical and temperate countries, the disease gradually spread to other zones as populations started migrating to...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Gruschenka N. Mojica Baltimore Maryland 21224
- Dr. Rania Hassan Younis BDS,MDS,PHD650 W Baltimore St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Andrea Proctor Subhawong MDJohns Hopkins Medical Institutions Dept Of Patholo Baltimore MD 21287
- Dr. Christian H Hansen M.D.3455 Wilkens Ave Baltimore MD 21229
- Mrs. Zahra Maleki MD4940 Eastern Ave Baltimore MD 21224
- Dr. William Westra M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287