Christopher Tomaras, M.D. / Board Certified Neurosurgeon
Neurosurgeon5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Suite 990 Atlanta GA, 30342
Phone: Fax: Website: Areas of Expertise: Privileges:
Education and Training
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga M.D. 1992
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Regional Top Doctors Regional
- On-Time Doctor Award 2014 On-Time Doctor
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2013-15 Compassionate Doctor
- Top 10 Doctor 2014 City
- Anatomic Facet Replacement
- Cervical Spine Treatment
- Laser Spine Surgery
- Regenerative Injection Therapy (stem Cells & Prp)
- Emg & Nerve Conduction Studies
- Massage Therapy
- Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
- Epidural Steroid Injections (esi)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (rfa)
- Facet Joint Injections
- Intraoperative Stealth Navigation
Christopher Tomaras, M.D. / Board Certified Neurosurgeon's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30342Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30328Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30328Get Direction
Cumming, GA 30041Get Direction
Christopher Tomaras, M.D. / Board Certified Neurosurgeon's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tomaras
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Tariq Javed M.D.631 Campbell Hill Street Marietta Georgia 30060
- Mr. Jason M. Highsmith MD1365 Clifton Rd NE Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Steven Darby Wray M.D.2001 PEACHTREE RD NE STE 575 ATLANTA GA 30309
- Dr. Gary Robert Gropper MD2001 Peachtree Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Christopher S. Russell M.D.95 Collier Rd Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Said Elshihabi MD718 CHEROKEE ST NE MARIETTA GA 30060