Dr. Brian Jay Shimkus MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology11044 Research Blvd D400 Austin TX, 78759
Specializing in internal medicine, medical oncology, hematology & oncology, and surgical oncology, Dr. Brian Shimkus, MD is one of the country's top rated doctors. He currently practices medicine at Austin, ...
- MemberTravis County Medical Society
- University of Virginia School of Medicine,Charlottesville, Va, United States 2001
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine And Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 2003
Dr. Brian Jay Shimkus MD's Practice location
Austin, TX 78759Get Direction
Dr. Brian Jay Shimkus MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shimkus
- 7-year-old with Lymphoma Joins and Inspires Lacrosse Team
Sports have a way of bringing together families, strangers, and communities. All over the world people celebrate games and competitions and use them to lift people’s spirits and strengthen bonds. Sporting events are also frequently used to raise awareness about important causes, whether locally or...
- New Diagnostic Tool Approved for Lymphoma
A new diagnostic tool has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to help researchers identify leukemia and lymphoma cells by using a technique known as flow cytometry. A flow cytometry test for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) can help determine whether normal or abnormal DNA is...
- Study Finds 3% of Pediatric Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Cases Are Transplant Recipients
Lymphoma is a blood cancer that affects both children and adults.Lymphoma begins its growth in the lymphatic white blood cells of the lymph system. This system is a major warrior in fighting off infections and diseases. It is part of the body’s immunity team.The lymph system loops throughout the...
- How is Multiple Myeloma Diagnosed?
Various tests are conducted for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma since one result of a laboratory test cannot diagnose it alone. A number of factors like the history, complete body check-up, diagnostic test reports and symptoms of the patient are taken into consideration to get a proper diagnosis...
- Survey Shows Lack of Blood Cancer Knowledge Among Americans
If anyone is asked to describe what cancer is, chances are they’ll be able to provide at least a rough definition of the disease. Generally speaking, cancer is the name for the rapid and uncontrollable development of cells in a certain part of the body. In addition to holding a general awareness...
- Tips on How to Live with Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma, a type of cancer, adversely affects plasma cells, which are your immune system’s components. The American Cancer Society indicates that in 2014, more than 24,000 people in the United States had multiple myeloma.Multiple myeloma patients can lose their appetite due to the adverse...
- Dr. Jason Benjamin Kaplan M.D.11111 Research Blvd Austin TX 78759
- Dr. Om Narayan Pandey M.D.313 E 12th St Austin TX 78701
- Dr. Christal E Murray MD302 University Blvd Round Rock TX 78665
- Dr. Sripriya Santhanam M.D.601 E 15th St Austin TX 78701
- Dr. Rene Castillo MD901 West 38th St. Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Mamta Kalidas MD12221 N Mo Pac Expy Austin TX 78758