Dr. John Caton is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Madera, CA. Dr. Caton specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
Dr. John Robert Caton M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. John Robert Caton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Dr. Narakesari Prasanna Heragu M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93636
- Dr. Kenneth Paul Rouillard M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. James Vincent Prochazka M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. Paul David Francis M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. Kenneth L. Jue M.D.9300 Valley Childrens Pl Madera CA 93638
- Dr. Miguel Santiago Restrepo M.D.200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242