Dr. Scotten believes patients and their families are a very important member of the health care team. Listening to patients is the strongest skill a doctor can possess.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1993
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf), Abdominal Pain, Acid Reflux (gerd) And More
- Kosair Chldrn Hsp/Norton Hlthc, Pediatrics
- Kosair Childrens Hospital
Dr. Mitzi S Scotten MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64131Get Direction
JONESBORO, AR 72401Get Direction
Dr. Mitzi S Scotten MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scotten
- Why Swimming Lessons Are Crucial for Children with Autism
It is important for any child to learn how to swim, but it is especially important for those with autism due to tendencies to wander towards water.Sayed's storySayed Ashraaf Ali Sayed Imran is five years old and has autism. He is absolutely in love with anything that has to do with water. Anyone who...
- Is This Genital Herpes or do I have Cold Sores?
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus causes both genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores). However, the strain varies, with the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) causing cold sores while the herpes simplex type 2 (HSV2) causes genital herpes. HSV1 is mostly transmitted...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Silent Reflux?
Silent reflux, or laryngopharyngeal reflux, is similar to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), however, it lacks the characteristic symptoms of GERD. Both conditions are caused by contents from the stomach moving backward into the esophagus. As the typical symptoms of gastric reflux are lacking...
- What If I Refuse to Vaccinate My Baby?
What are vaccine exemptions?There are state laws that establish compulsory vaccination for school children both studying in public and private schools as well as daycare facilities. However, certain exemptions may be offered for religious and personal or conscientious reasons in some states. What...
- The Rotavirus Vaccination is Not Associated With Intestinal Disorders
Many doctors still dread to recommend rotavirus vaccination thinking that it may increase the chances of bowel blockage, known as intussusceptions, in children. Many studies have shown that vaccination can considerably reduce the number of hospitalizations due to severe diarrhea in infants. One of...
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- Dr. Sergey Shushunov MDDivision Of Pediatric Critical Care Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Duha Al-zubeidi MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Jonathan S. Finks M.D.12541 FOSTER ST STE 300 OVERLAND PARK KS 66213
- Dr. Jennifer L. Schultz M.D.7840 W 165th Street Overland Park KS 66223
- Dr. Scott A Nitzel MD20805 West 151st Olathe KS 66061
- Dr. Stephanie Renee Bays DO2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108