Mr. Irfan Jawed MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology601 S Sherman St Spokane WA, 99202
Dr. Irfan Jawed is an oncologist practicing in Spokane, WA. Dr. Jawed specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Jawed manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan 1996
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Mr. Irfan Jawed MD's Practice location
Spokane, WA 99202Get Direction
PASADENA, TX 77504Get Direction
Mr. Irfan Jawed MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jawed
- Esophageal Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
The esophagus is muscular tube that runs between stomach and mouth. It is often known as the food pipe. It carries food you swallow to be digested in your stomach. To some people, unfortunately, malignant or cancer cells can form inside the esophagus starting from cells lining inside it. These cells...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- How Is Cervical Cancer Staged?
Cervical cancer affects the cervix, which connects the uterus and vagina. The endocervix is the part of the cervix that is closest to the uterus, while an ectocervix is nearer to the vagina. Most cases of cervical cancer begin in the cell at the transformation zone. This zone is where the two main...
- Cyclist Battles Back from Lymphoma to Make Professional Debut
In October of 2015, 16-year-old Zack Gilmore felt a lump behind his ear after finishing a cycling training session. He went to the doctor to find out what it was and, three days later, he received the dreadful news: a non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma diagnosis. Gilmore began chemotherapy right away at the...
- Olympian Shannon Miller Teams Up with TESARO to Raise Awareness for Ovarian Cancer
Many may know Shannon Miller was an Olympic champion in the 90s, but many don't know that she is also an ovarian cancer survivor. While she was crucial to the American Olympic Team, she is now teaming up with TESARO to spread awareness and support for the ovarian cancer community.More about Shannon...
- What Specialist Conducts Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is a very delicate and complicated procedure. This is because it also has the ability to cause further complications in a person’s health while it is being used to treat another medical condition. Chemotherapy usually has side effects that can be very severe.Therefore it requires well...
- Dr. Joni C Nichols M.D.601 S SHERMAN ST SPOKANE WA 99202
- Dr. Bruce Ahern Cutter M.D.601 S Sherman St Spokane WA 99202
- Dr. Kristine J. Rinn MD1204 N VERCLER RD SPOKANE VALLEY WA 99216
- Dr. Jay Paul Klarnet MD12410 E Sinto Ave Spokane WA 99216
- Dr. Elizabeth Michelle Gunderson MD1204 N VERCLER RD SPOKANE VALLEY WA 99216
- Dr. Kawal Dinsa Chester M.D.601 S Sherman Spokane WA 99202