Dr. Richard Wilmot is a rheumatologist practicing in Albany, NY. Dr. Wilmot specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Wilmot treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1988
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Albany Medical Center Program
Dr. Richard Alan Wilmot MD's Practice location
Albany, NY 12203Get Direction
Dr. Richard Alan Wilmot MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Third Rock from the Sun's Star Kristen Johnston Shares Battle with Lupus
Everyone knows Kristen Johnson from her hit role in the 90’s sitcom Third Rock from the Sun which ran from 1996 to 2001. However, some might also know her from her other exploits, like writing the book Guts: The Endless Follies and Tiny Triumphs, where she shares her battle against substance...
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- Saliva Test to Diagnose Lupus May Soon Exist
Researchers have created a simplified technique to diagnose lupus using saliva. The initial research took place at the University of Houston, and was thanks to a $387,000 grant from the National Institutes of Health. If successful, the saliva test could very well replace the invasive methods that...
- Parenting with Fibromyalgia
Parenting itself is a rewarding yet daunting task; however, it becomes tougher when you are raising your kid while suffering from chronic pain caused by fibromyalgia.What is fibromyalgia?Characterized by fatigue and skeletal pain, fibromyalgia still remains a mystery to the medical community....
- How to Help a Loved One with Rheumatoid Arthritis
There are many times in which having a chronic disease can feel very lonely. Others around them may have a difficult time understanding their pain, especially if they look healthy or do not complain much about their ailment. Children may not be old enough to comprehend the challenges their parent...
- Fibromyalgia: The 18 Tender Points
Are you suffering from aching or stinging around various parts of your body? It might not be just something common like muscle soreness if it keeps occurring and it seems like there's no chance to stop it. Chances are, you might have fibromyalgia. But before you start self-diagnosing, you're going...
- Dr. Todd F. Dombrowski M.D.580 - 590 Court Street Keene NH 03431
- Dr. Ruben Alfredo Peredo M.D.1500 E. Medical Center Drive Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Anastasia Markopoulou M.D43 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Martin S Farber M.D.124 Rosa Rd Schenectady NY 12308
- Dr. Jinsong Zhang M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Prashant Kaushik MD900 E Broadway Ave Bismarck ND 58501