Dr. Catherine Schuman is a psychologist practicing in Burlington, VT. Dr. Schuman specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Schuman evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Schuman because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Catherine Carole Schuman PHD's Practice location
Burlington, VT 05405Get Direction
LA CROSSE, WI 54601Get Direction
Dr. Catherine Carole Schuman PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Breast Cancer
When thinking about breast cancer it is important that we remember that this diagnosis will impact all aspects of a patient and their family’s life. Post-Traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD) has been shown to not only be present in people with a breast cancer diagnosis, but also to possibly play a...
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- How an Autism Expert Failed to See His Own Son's Asperger's
Many children with Asperger’s syndrome are initially diagnosed with ADHD and then later diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome in adulthood when seeking help for directly related matters such as depression or persistent anxiety. This is how it took professor Tony Attwood, clinical psychologist, 35...
- Dr. Dennis Reichardt PH.D.46 Spauldings Bay Ct Colchester VT 05446
- Dr. Daniel Silverman PSY.D.140 Aube Ridge Rd Hinesburg VT 05461
- Dr. Jeanne Paula Ryan PH.D.39 Court St Plattsburgh NY 12901
- Dr. Linda Vieth Rosenblad PH.D.5224 Shelburne Rd Shelburne VT 05482
- Amy Maxine Tree MACP3 Main St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Beth Erin Robbins PSY.D.56 W Twin Oaks Ter South Burlington VT 05403