Dr. Robert A. Lafyatis MD
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology725 Albany St Shapiro 7, Suite B Boston MA, 02118
Dr. Robert Lafyatis is a rheumatologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Lafyatis specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Lafyatis treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- 2009Scleroderma Foundation - Doctor of the Year
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Scleroderma, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center 1983
- National Inst Of Health, MD, Fellow:Rheumatology 1986
- Rheumatology, National Institute of Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease, Bethesda MD 1989
Dr. Robert A. Lafyatis MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02118Get Direction
Boston, MA 02118Get Direction
Dr. Robert A. Lafyatis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lafyatis
- Is It Possible to Gain Weight When Using Lyrica for Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia causes widespread chronic pain, as well as a heightened pain response to both touch and pressure. Symptoms include chronic muscle pain, fatigue, sleep issues, and tender trigger points, which are usually treated by a mixture of medications and lifestyle changes, like diet and stress...
- What Conditions Trigger Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare-Ups?
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis Flare-up?Flare-ups can take place when you least expect them. Everything can be going well with your rheumatoid arthritis, your medications were taken on time and your carrying on with your day.When all of the sudden, you begin to feel severe pain in your joints that is...
- Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving, According to New Research
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- The Risks of Oxycodone for Fibromyalgia Patients
Fibromyalgia is difficult to identify, diagnose, and treat. Its symptoms are strikingly similar to other diseases that cause excessive fatigue, stress, and depression. People without the disease normally do not understand it. However, awareness around the disease is slowly improving.In the past,...
- 10 Foods to Avoid if You Have Lupus
Do you want to know which food should be avoided if you have lupus?Unhealthy food choices worsen lupus by increasing inflammation. Is there any food that causes lupus? No. Though there is no specific food that causes lupus, it is still important to avoid unhealthy choices in order to properly...
- Is Going Gluten Free Really Helpful for Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Gluten is a general term that is used to describe a family of proteins found in grains such as wheat, rye, barley, spelt, durum, and emmer. By far, the most commonly consumed gluten-containing grain is wheat. Gluten is present in various types of food and acts like glue, holding foods together and...
- Dr. Vivian P. Bykerk VIVIAN BYKERK MD535 East 70th Street New York New York 10021
- Dr. Timothy Edward Mcalindon MD MPH750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Dr. Marcin Andrzej Trojanowski MD1530 3rd Avenue South Birmingham AL 35294
- Dr. Donald L Kleykamp MD27 Centennial Dr Peabody MA 01960
- Dr. Michael E Weinblatt MD75 Francis St Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Donald B Bloch MD55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114