Naiara Alvarez MD
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology2821 Michaelangelo Dr Suite 203 Edinburg TX, 78539
Dr. Naiara Alvarez is a rheumatologist practicing in Edinburg, TX. Dr. Alvarez specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Alvarez treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Pontificia Universidad CatÛlica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) Facultad de Ciencias de la Salud 2007
Naiara Alvarez MD's Practice location
Edinburg, TX 78539Get Direction
HARLINGEN, TX 78550Get Direction
Naiara Alvarez MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alvarez
- Student with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis Crowned Miss Teen Tennessee
Jordan Elizabeth Henegar, crowned Miss Teen Tennessee US, was diagnosed with JRA at 15 months.Her mother, Sheri Henager, realized that something was wrong when her daughter stopped walking. Today, Jordan is a senior at Oak Ridge High School, a cheerleader at her school, and a member of the Oak Ridge...
- What Does It Really Mean When Lupus Is In Remission?
The medical definitions for remission do not work always for lupus. Sometimes, remission means that your symptoms, blood work and physical exams are normal and stay that way for a time. When this happens, your doctor may feel that you never had lupus, but had another condition that caused your...
- Lupus: How Binge-Watching TV Shows Can Help Get Through a Flare
Most people going through a lupus flare report changes in their mood. Emotional issues tend to show up in people with lupus, but for an effective recovery process it is important to keep a great attitude and avoid depression and stress at all costs. Emotional imbalance enlivened by the limitations...
- Genetic Markers for Predicting Lupus Susceptibility
Autoimmune diseases have plagued millions of people from different parts of the world. These disorders have unknown etiologies and have no cure to this day. Many patients diagnosed with some kind of autoimmune disease have mustered the courage and determined the pace to coexist with their illness...
- Is Fibromyalgia Hereditary?
While researchers have already connected the disease to stress, trauma, illnesses and certain substances, they are now starting to think that fibromyalgia may have more of a genetic link. This isn't exactly a new thought. Other studies have noticed this connection, but didn't yet expand on why or...
- Understanding the Unique Menstrual Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
We all know that more women suffer from fibromyalgia than men. So, it isn't much of a surprise that women with fibro experience severe pain while they experience their monthly menstrual cycle.Fibromyalgia affects menstrual periods significantly. This disease is extremely difficult to deal with, but...
- Dr. Brian Jay Glazer M.D.110 E Savannah Ave Mcallen TX 78503
- Dr. Jorge C Zamora-quezada M.D.2601 Cornerstone Blvd Edinburg TX 78539
- Dr. Jorge A Ortegon M.D.2821 Michael Angelo Edinburg TX 78539
- Dr. Rogelio Eduardo Rojas MD2601 Cornerstone Blvd Edinburg TX 78539
- Dr. Emilia C. Dulgheru M.D.3111 Center Pointe Drive Edinburg TX 78539
- Dr. Encarnacion Rodriguez M.D.4300 N Mccoll Rd Mcallen TX 78504