Dr. George Elliott Barnes MD
Cardiothoracic Surgeon180 Greenbriar Blvd Covington LA, 70433
Dr. George Barnes is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Covington, LA. Dr. Barnes specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Barnes typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1964
Tulane University of Louisiana 1964
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Dr. George Elliott Barnes MD's Practice location
Covington, LA 70433Get Direction
Dr. George Elliott Barnes MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Barnes
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Dr. Louis Desire Hebert MD64040 Highway 434 Lacombe LA 70445
- Dr. Jose Mena M.D.1000 Ochsner Blvd Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Charles J Dicorte M.D.1000 Ochsner Blvd Covington LA 70433
- Mr. Fidel Fabian Sendra MD71380 Hwy 21 Covington LA 70433
- Dr. Randall Scott Juleff M.D.1431 Ochsner Blvd. Covington LA 70433
- Dr. John Richard Breaux MD64040 Highway 434 Lacombe LA 70445