Dr. Maria Baer MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology22 S Greene St Baltimore MD, 21201
Dr. Maria Baer is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Baer specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- A Study of LAM-003 in Patients With Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Study of Biomarker-Based Treatment of Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Decitabine and Talazoparib in Untreated AML and R/R AML
- Ponatinib in Participants With Resistant Chronic Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) to Characterize the Efficacy and Safety of a Range of Doses
- Correlative Biomarker Study in Patients With Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Washington, DC-Baltimore-Northern Virginia Super Doctors 2011
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (aml)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Dermal Aesthetics
- Oral Surgery Procedures
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Maria Baer MD's Practice location
Dr. Maria Baer MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baer
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Genetic Advancements in Lymphoma Treatment
Cancers are a huge focus for research. Millions of dollars every year are funneled into funding research that could improve treatment methods or find cures for cancer, including blood cancers. Diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) is the most common form of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) accounting...
- 'Robocop' Stem Cells Developed to Fight Cancer
Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the United States, although due to several advancements in cancer screening and treatment, survival rates have begun to improve.A new cancer therapyResearchers at the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic have developed a new type of cancer therapy...
- Facts About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is a certain form of cancer of the plasma cell, which is part of the immune system. It initiates in the bone marrow, where the blood cells are produced.The immune system is made of variety of cells that fight infections and keep the body healthy. What takes place in bone marrow...
- Roles of the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS) is a nonprofit, cancer advocacy organization that is located just outside of Washington D.C. To date, it is the oldest survivor-led cancer advocacy organization in the United States.The NCCS represents millions of Americans who share a common...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Dr. Yin Wu MD2401 W BELVEDERE AVE BALTIMORE MD 21215
- Ugochukwu A. Odo5406 FAIRLAWN AVE BALTIMORE MD 21215
- Dr. Jean Yared M.D.22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Young Joo Lee M.D.3001 S Hanover St Brooklyn MD 21225
- Dr. Ashkan Bahrani MD9114 PHILADELPHIA RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Dr. Ann Butler Zimrin M.D.22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201