Dr. Susan Janik is an optometrist practicing in West Hartford, CT. Dr. Janik specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Janik performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. Susan Barbara Janik OD's Practice location
West Hartford, CT 06107Get Direction
Dr. Susan Barbara Janik OD's reviewsWrite Review
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- What is Age-Related Cataracts?
When the eye lens changes with age, cataracts develop and your vision becomes blurry. A clear structure, the lens is located at the back of the pupil. Light streams in via the cornea and the lens directs it to the retina when it enters the eye.When you start to age, cataracts can begin developing,...
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- Dr. Lauren Beth Colite O.D.27 Meriden Ave Southington CT 06489
- Dr. Steven Rafalowsky O.D.6 Saner Rd Marlborough CT 06447
- Dr. Frederick Allen Moffa O.D.10 Hartford Ave. Granby CT 06035
- Dr. Susan J Devine OD69 Prospect Hill Rd East Windsor CT 06088
- Dr. Bruce Seplowitz O.D.61 Westfarms Mall Farmington CT 06032
- Dr. Katie Suzanne Capecci O.D.555 Willard Ave Newington CT 06111