Dr. Thomas Scott practices Allergy and Immunology care in Wichita, KS. Dr. Scott specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. Allergist-Immunologists are trained and certified to treat each patients sensitivity and response to allergens of varying severity. Dr. Scott provides several means of testing and treatment to increase immunity to potentially harmful substances.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College 1982
- Crystallographic evidence for chromium-platinum interaction.
- The first all-cyanide Fe(4)S(4) cluster: [Fe(4)S(4)(CN)(4)](3-).
- Initial synthesis and structure of an all-ferrous analogue of the fully reduced [Fe4S4]0 cluster of the nitrogenase iron protein.
- VFe3S4 single and double cubane clusters: synthesis, structures, and dependence of redox potentials and electron distribution on ligation and heterometal.
- After 118 years, the isolation of two common radical anion reductants as simple, stable solids.
- Stabilities of cubane type [Fe₄S₄(SR)₄](2-) clusters in partially aqueous media.
- Reconciling social interaction with habitat selection in territorial species.
- An L-threonine transaldolase is required for L-threo-β-hydroxy-α-amino acid assembly during obafluorin biosynthesis.
- Improved vectors for Agrobacterium mediated genetic manipulation of Hypholoma spp. and other homobasidiomycetes.
- Contact Dermatitis
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Hives (urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Clinical Center at the National Institutes of Health Program
Dr. Thomas A Scott MD's Practice location
Wichita, KS 67208Get Direction
BESSEMER, AL 35022Get Direction
Dr. Thomas A Scott MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Scott
- Everything You Need to Know About the Chicken Pox Vaccine
The chicken pox vaccine is the medicine given to people who are susceptible to the disease and hence protects one against the vaccine. This vaccine that causes the chickenpox disease is the varicella vaccine. This chicken pox vaccine is usually excavated from a weak virus. This weak virus is...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- Are Allergy Shots Effective?
What is Allergy Shot?An allergy shot, or allergen immunotherapy, is a method in which small amounts of allergens are introduced to the body to stimulate the immune system against a specific allergen, without causing a full allergic reaction. This allows the body to get used to the specific allergen...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- What Is Sublingual Immunotherapy?
Sublingual immunotherapy, which is abbreviated as SLIT, is an alternative treatment method for allergies without the use of injections. SLIT involves the administration of allergens in small doses to patients to boost their tolerance to the chemicals, thereby reducing their symptoms. Allergic...
- Chickenpox: Important Facts, Causes and Home Remedies
Chickenpox, also known as varicella, is a very common condition that occurs in most individuals either during their childhood or in adulthood. It is not a very serious condition, however depending upon the age and intensity with which it occurs, it could result in a lot of discomfort for the...