Dr. Lisa Guay-woodford MD
Nephrologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Nephrology111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC, 20010
Dr. Lisa Guay-woodford is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Guay-woodford specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Nephrology
Dr. Lisa Guay-woodford MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
WASHINGTON, DC 20010Get Direction
- Dementia Simulator Puts Caregivers in Patients' POV
Dementia is a complex ailment that can be challenging for caregivers and healthcare providers. Dementia simulation is one of the best ways of creating a near-reality experience while also exposing healthcare providers to the ups and downs of living with dementia.Statistics show that this condition...
- How to Get Your Hormones in Check When You Have Depression
Depression is a mental illness that consumes individuals, leaving them feeling helpless, hopeless, and sometimes useless. It can be caused by life experiences such as loss of a family member or mental trauma in an individual's life.Depression can occur to anyone, and for a vast majority affected,...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- Dr. Asha Moudgil MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Kanwal K Kher MD111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Kirtida Mistry MB BCH, DCH, MRCPCH111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Tammy Mcloughlin Brady MD, MHS111 Michigan Ave NW Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Sun-young Ahn MD111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Marva Monique Moxey-mims MD111 MICHIGAN AVE NW WASHINGTON DC 20010