Dr. Steven C. Thornquist M.D.
Ophthalmologist2 Corporate Dr Suite 112 Trumbull CT, 06611
Dr. Steven Thornquist is an ophthalmologist practicing in Trumbull, CT. Dr. Thornquist specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Thornquist can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Thornquist can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Az Coll of Med, Tucson Az 1988
University of Arizona College of Medicine 1988
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Birth Defects
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Ophthalmology; Yale New Haven Hosp, Ophthalmology; Yale New Haven Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
- Temple University/St Christopher's
- Temple Univ, Pediatric Ophth 1996
Dr. Steven C. Thornquist M.D.'s Practice location
Trumbull, CT 06611Get Direction
WATERBURY, CT 06708Get Direction
Dr. Steven C. Thornquist M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thornquist
- Tips For Living with Cataracts
Several vision issues that are related to aging can be solved by practical approaches like more illumination when reading or fixing poor lighting conditions in your home.When you grow to over 60 years of age, you may require more lighting for most indoor and outdoor activities. This is caused by the...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- How Is Sarcoidosis Diagnosed?
What is sarcoidosis?Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease, which is characterized by the growth of granulomas or tiny collections of inflammatory cells in various parts of the body. When the immune system is slowed down and when these numerous clumps form, they tend to interfere with the organ’s...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- Dr. Jeffrey D Gold M.D.2440 Whitney Ave Hamden CT 06518
- Dr. Neeti Parikh MD605 West Avenue Norwalk Connecticut 6850
- Dr. James Weisz M.D.2119 Post Rd Fairfield CT 06824
- Dr. Delia M. Manjoney MD2720 Main Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06606
- Eitan Burstein166 Waterbury Road Prospect CT 06712
- James Talbot11 Burtis Avenue New Canaan Connecticut 06840