Dr. Chirag Desai is a transplant surgeon practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Desai specializes in organ transplants, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the kidneys, liver, pancreas, intestines, heart, lungs, tracheal tissue and more. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Desai performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Desai works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
Education and Training
Seth G S Med College University Of Mumbai Mumbai Maharashtra India Medical
- Co-existence of peri-ampullary carcinoma with peripancreatic tuberculous lymphadenopathy.
- Emergency sclerotherapy for control of acute oesophageal variceal bleeding using
- Image of the month. Solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas.
- Hepatic tuberculosis in absence of disseminated abdominal tuberculosis.
- Pancreatic tuberculosis: a clinical and imaging review of 32 cases.
- Paired kidney donor exchanges and antibody reduction therapy: novel methods to ameliorate disparate access to living donor kidney transplantation in ethnic minorities.
- Influence of liver histopathology on transaminitis following total pancreatectomy and autologous islet transplantation.
- Reuse of liver allografts from brain-dead liver transplant recipients.
- Modified technique for aortic cross-clamping during liver donor procurement.
- LC-MS profiling of N-Glycans derived from human serum samples for biomarker discovery in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- LC-MS/MS-based serum proteomics for identification of candidate biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Effect of small donor weight and donor-recipient weight ratio on the outcome of liver transplantation in children.
- Pseudolymphoma (reactive lymphoid hyperplasia) of the liver: A clinical challenge.
- [Gastrocolic omental cyst in an adult: Case presentation and review of literature].
- Islet autotransplantation in a patient with hypercoagulable disorder.
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital 2010
Dr. Chirag Sureshchandra Desai MD's Practice location
Washington, DC 20007Get Direction
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Dr. Chirag Sureshchandra Desai MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Julia Louis-Dreyfus Battles Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Most people never actually get the chance to meet the celebrities they watch on TV or in the movies. An occasional sighting on the street or maybe a chance encounter often makes for great stories that get told at dinner parties for years to come.Even though many don’t usually have the chance to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Blepharoplasty
What is blepharoplasty?Sometimes known as eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty is a delicate surgical procedure performed on the eyelids. Its purpose is to improve the general appearance of the upper and lower eyelids. It can, therefore, be categorised as a plastic or cosmetic surgical operation. All...
- Massachusetts Company Cannot Fire Worker for Using Medical Marijuana in Crohn’s Disease Management
The potential legalization of marijuana has been a "hot topic" for some years now, as certain states make moves for legalization and even more have approved the use of medical marijuana. However, not all employers necessarily condone those who work for them using the drug, even for medical purposes....
- What is the Impact of High Blood Pressure?
What is High Blood Pressure?High blood pressure is a condition whereby an individual’s blood vessels become strained due to high pressure by the blood flowing in them. It’s a dangerous condition not because it has any negative side-effects on its own but because of the potential health problems...
- The Need to Support Nursing Directors
The number of nursing managers today is one to shake the entire medical profession to its roots. Their numbers have increased over the years, and they are about to make effects in the medical field to further enhance their own progress and the progress of the medical profession at the same time. The...
- Gene Editing Has the Potential to Change Cystic Fibrosis
Spiked Columnist, Tim Black, discusses advances in genetic editing in his article, Gene Editing: An Expression of Our Humanity.Tim Black questions how people should all consider the recent negative responses to some of the latest gene-editing successes. The majority of these gene-editing techniques...