Dr. Marlynn Patel MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious DiseaseDept Of Internal Medicine 530 Ne Glen Oak Peoria IL, 61637
Dr. Marlynn Patel is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Peoria, IL. Dr. Patel specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Infectious Disease
- Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Infectious Diseases; Advocate Il Masonic Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Mac Neal Mem Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Marlynn Patel MD's Practice location
Peoria, IL 61637Get Direction
Peoria, IL 61637Get Direction
Dr. Marlynn Patel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Patel
- What Is Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) is a very serious disease, which is characterized by a fluid buildup and inflammation in the lungs. This lung infection is caused by the fungus Pneumocystis jiroveci. It is an opportunistic disease that usually infects immunosuppressed individuals, especially...
- Do I Have the Mumps?
The mumps is a highly contagious airborne viral infection, which manifests in a specific shape of the face and neck. The causing agent is the virus of mumps (paramyxovirus). Timely vaccination (MMR) is the best way to prevent complications that arise in 95% of cases. The mumps virus can be...
- Chronic Lyme Disease
Chronic Lyme disease is also known as persistent Lyme disease. It occurs in a patient who has been treated with antibiotics but continues to show signs and symptoms of the disease. This disease is also known as post-treatment Lyme disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and...
- How Is The Coronavirus Affecting Nursing Homes?
Nursing homes across the country have become epicenters or "hot spots" of the coronavirus spread. This is because nursing homes include people who are most at risk for the virus, including those with chronic conditions and those who are elderly. The massive increase in cases is causing many nursing...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- How is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
Genital Herpes is the most common sexually transmitted disease. It is caused by two types of viruses - herpes simplex Type 1 and herpes simplex Type 2. However, people suffering from the condition are not aware of it because it hardly presents with any symptoms. So, in most of the cases people are...
- Dr. David Slagle MDDept Of Internal Medicine Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. Vijaya Somaraju M.D.Dept Of Internal Medicine Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. Sudha Nagalingam M.D.Internal Medicine Residency 530 Ne Glen Oak Ave Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. John Joseph Farrell MDDepartment Of Internal Medicine Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. John Gavin Cotter M.D.530 Ne Glen Oak Avenue Peoria IL 61637
- Dr. Shweta Ramsahai M.D.530 N. E. Glen Oak Avenue Peoria IL 61637