Dr. John Newton Clore M.D.
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism1250 E Marshall St Internal Medicine Richmond VA, 23298
Dr. John Clore practices Endocrinology in Richmond, VA. Dr. Clore specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Clore examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Glucose-6-phosphatase flux in vitro is increased in type 2 diabetes.
- Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: association of insulin resistance and mitochondrial abnormalities.
- Lipid metabolism and resistin gene expression in insulin-resistant Fischer 344 rats.
- The role of plasma fatty acid composition in endogenous glucose production in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes and hypertension in severe obesity and effects of gastric bypass-induced weight loss.
- A new technique for radiation in carcinoma of the cervix.
- Dietary n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids decrease hepatic triglycerides in Fischer 344 rats.
- Assessing the health of future physicians: an opportunity for preventive education.
- Basal insulin therapy.
- Resistance exercise and postprandial lipemia: The dose effect of differing
- Which basal insulin should be used in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus?
- Aerobic exercise alters postprandial lipemia in African American versus White women.
- Glucose uptake after resistance training of different intensities but of equal work volume.
- Glucocorticoid-induced hyperglycemia.
- Health information seeking, receipt, and use in diabetes self-management.
- Diabetes, Hypoglycemia (low Blood Sugar)
- Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism; Med Coll Of Virginia Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University 1985
- Endocrinology & Metabolism, Virgnina Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia USA 1988
Dr. John Newton Clore M.D.'s Practice location
LYNCHBURG, VA 24502Get Direction
Dr. John Newton Clore M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Clore
- Grandmother with Diabetes Bikes Across the Country
One woman is making it a personal goal to bike to the east from the west coast. At the moment she is half way in her journey. Tracy Herbert take videos daily from most parts of the country and uploads them to the social media. She is always happy in these videos. Now she is half way through the...
- Hyperthyroidism and Weight Loss
The condition where the body (Thyroid gland) secretes thyroid hormones more than its normal level in blood is known as hyperthyroidism or an overactive thyroid. It is sometimes referred as Thyrotoxicosis but some of the symptoms may differ from person to person. Goiter (Swelling in the neck region),...
- Possible Link Found Between Polycystic Ovary System and Type 2 Diabetes
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, also known as PCOS, is a condition that affects more than 200,000 people a year. PCOS is when a woman has several small cysts in the ovaries. There are several symptoms of this illness, including unpredictable hormonal behavior, infertility, acne, and excessive hair...
- Sitting at Work May Contribute to Chronic Health Problems Including Diabetes
According to a new study, sitting and commuting for a long durations can be dangerous, just like smoking. The study involved 2,000 people who were asked in the AXA Healthcare survey about their schedule per day. Those who said that they sat at work spend up to nine hours per day sitting. The time...
- What to Expect from Your Endocrinologist if You Have Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid glands are unable to produce adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These hormones are important in maintaining the metabolic rate and energy levels of a person. In some cases, the person may go to a general practitioner for first visit who will then...
- Children, Parents and Advocates Plea for Diabetes Research Funding at the Capitol
Each year, diabetes claims an average of 4.6 million lives. With so many people falling victim and losing their lives to the disease, concerned individuals and families have taken it upon themselves to plea for proper diabetes research funding. This emotional event was held before Congress – the...
- Clarence Scranage, Jr.713 North Courthouse Road Richmond Viriginia 23236
- Dr. Ranjodh S Gill M.D.1200 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Cynthia F. Yazbeck M.D.1250 E MARSHALL ST RICHMOND VA 23298
- Dr. Rita M. Willett M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Elizabeth Rose Reilly M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. James Robert Levy M.D.1201 Broad Rock Blvd Richmond VA 23249