Dr. Achim Huggins is an internist practicing in Astoria, NY. Dr. Huggins specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Huggins provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1999
- St Luke'S-Roosevelt Hsp Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Achim Huggins M.D's Practice location
Astoria, NY 11105Get Direction
Dr. Achim Huggins M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- Reduce the Swelling of Your Ankles with These 10 Natural Remedies
Foot or ankle swelling is called edema. Many things, including high blood pressure and pregnancy, can cause this problem. Edema in your feet and ankles occurs when your body is unable to push blood and fluids in them up your legs, so that your ankles and feet swell. Swelling in the feet and ankles...
- Tylenol-Codeine Side Effects
OverviewTylenol (acetaminophen) and codeine are used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain. Aside from pain, acetaminophen is also used to reduce fever. Tylenol is not a habit-forming drug. However, when this drug is taken in large dosages, serious liver damage including other negative side...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- What Is Diclofenac?
What is diclofenac?Diclofenac is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine that belongs to the drug class called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Different types of pain such as dental pain, muscle pain associated with injury or surgery, and migraine can be treated by diclofenac. Redness...
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Nail Fungus?
Fungal infections are common in hair, nails, and surfaces of the skin. Nail fungus infects toe and finger nails and is more common in toe nails when compared to fingers. Also referred to as onchomyosis, this condition may become very painful affecting the whole nail. It usually starts as a small...
- Dr. Walid Elkhalili MD6-20 Plaza Rd Fairlawn NJ 07410
- Mohammed Elamir M.D.192 Harrison Avenue Jersey City NJ 07304
- Dr. Geraldine S. Meanor MD150 Ridgewood Avenue Glen Ridge New Jersey 7028
- Dr. Gavriel Fuzaylov MD102-10 66th Rd Flushing New York 11375
- Dr. Katherine A. Gold M.D.5 Debevoise Street Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dr. Roger Alan Wooden MD233 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn New York 11205