Dr. Steven Sloan is an internist practicing in Colorado Springs, CO. Dr. Sloan specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Sloan provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1995
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Internal Medicine
Dr. Steven Sloan MD's Practice location
Colorado Springs, CO 80909Get Direction
Dr. Steven Sloan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sloan
- Breastfeeding Does Not Affect A Mother's Sleep Cycle
According to a new study, mothers who breastfeed sleep the same amount as mothers who feed their babies with infant formula. Women who breastfed their children got as much sleep during the night as women who fed their babies with formula and breastfeeding moms were any more exhausted compared to...
- Hot Flashes and Women's Health
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. It is also commonly seen in women with premature menopause and induced menopause.Hot flashes cause women who experience them to suddenly feel overheated, it is usually accompanied by sweating and a red, flushed face. The...
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- Health Benefits of Yoga, Tai Chi & Pilates
Many consider yoga as a method to stretch and tone the muscles and improve and expand the mind. “The physical benefits of yoga are very often underestimated," says Julie Rudiger, a therapist in Denver. According to her, practicing this activity has helped her to be stronger, more flexible, both...
- Genes Can Influence an Individual's Body Language and Behavior
Empathetic behavior and body language are both associated with genetic variations, according to a study published in, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Thus, a smile or nod of empathy may explain the type of genes the individual has. Individuals who display more empathetic behavior...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Dr. Raluca Cascaval MD2222 N Nevada Ave Colorado Springs CO 80907
- Dr. Dwight A. Robertson M.D.1465 Kelly Johnson Blvd Colorado Springs CO 80920
- Dr. William R Schroeder DO400 West Midland Ave Woodland Park CO 80863
- Dr. Andrew T Ingram MD2222 N. Nevada Ave Colorado Springs CO 80907
- Dr. Karen Elizabeth Chang MD2222 N Nevada Ave Colorado Springs CO 80907
- Dr. Tien Thach MD1035 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004