Dr. Muhammad Athar practices Neurological Surgery in Rome, OH. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Athar prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Rawalpindi Medical College, University of Health Sciences Lahore,Rawalpindi, Pakistan MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- A peculiar rash and red eye.
- Hepatic actinomycosis with infiltration of the diaphragm and right lung: a case report.
- Hospital mortality in primary admissions of septic patients with status epilepticus in the United States*.
- Significance of arterial hyperoxia and relationship with case fatality in traumatic brain injury: a multicentre cohort study.
- Association between hyperoxia and mortality after stroke: a multicenter cohort study.
- Neurologic aspects of cardiac emergencies.
Dr. Muhammad Kamran Athar M.D's Practice location
Rome, OH 44085Get Direction
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19107Get Direction
Dr. Muhammad Kamran Athar M.D's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Is a Cervical Laminectomy?
A cervical laminectomy is performed to relieve the compression of the spinal cord and nerves around your neck. This is achieved by making the spinal canal wider, creating more space for your nerves. A part of the protruding bone or the lamina is either removed or trimmed during this procedure. The...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...