Dr. Thomas Bach is a Dentist practicing in Johnstown, PA. Dr. Bach specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
- Mevalonate biosynthesis in plants.
- Expression of Brassica juncea 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA synthase is developmentally regulated and stress-responsive.
- Farnesol-induced cell death and stimulation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase activity in tobacco cv bright yellow-2 cells.
- Metabolism of farnesyl diphosphate in tobacco BY-2 cells treated with squalestatin.
- Isoprenoid biosynthesis in higher plants and in Escherichia coli: on the branching in the methylerythritol phosphate pathway and the independent biosynthesis of isopentenyl diphosphate and dimethylallyl diphosphate.
- Inhibition of squalene synthase and squalene epoxidase in tobacco cells triggers an up-regulation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme a reductase.
- Cross-talk between the cytosolic mevalonate and the plastidial methylerythritol phosphate pathways in tobacco bright yellow-2 cells.
- A sensitive radiometric assay to measure D-xylulose kinase activity.
- Regulatory role of microsomal 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase in a tobacco mutant that overproduces sterols.
- Brassica juncea 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl (HMG)-CoA synthase 1: expression and characterization of recombinant wild-type and mutant enzymes.
- Isoprenoid biosynthesis as a target for antibacterial and antiparasitic drugs: phosphonohydroxamic acids as inhibitors of deoxyxylulose phosphate reducto-isomerase.
- Effects of mevinolin on cell cycle progression and viability of tobacco BY-2 cells.
- A review of tobacco BY-2 cells as an excellent system to study the synthesis and function of sterols and other isoprenoids.
- Brassica juncea HMG-CoA synthase: localization of mRNA and protein.
- Monitoring farnesol-induced toxicity in tobacco BY-2 cells with a fluorescent analog.
Thomas J Bach DMD's Practice location
Johnstown, PA 15901Get Direction
Thomas J Bach DMD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Dental implants are devices that are used to replace natural teeth. These implants are placed into the jawbone, which over the time, fuse with the natural bone and gain stability.Dental implants are recommended for patients who do not have their natural teeth. This will allow the individual to have...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies for Dry Mouth?
Ever felt your mouth suddenly going dry and the need to reach for some water to get rid of the dryness? This is a condition that may occur to you frequently. It is called, fittingly enough, dry mouth. Dry mouth is a condition that can occur due to reduced amounts of saliva in the mouth. Dry mouth is...
- Michael B Garver DMD223 Main St Johnstown PA 15901
- Dr. Ernest James Mantini D.M.D.316 N Main St Davidsville PA 15928
- Dr. Timothy E. Holloway D.M.D.2010 State Route 30 Ligonier PA 15658
- John David Ridella DMD901 Menoher Blvd Johnstown PA 15905
- Dr. Samuel Charles Pollina DMD1253 Scalp Ave Johnstown PA 15904
- Daniel Thomas Novak DMD121 Rolling Acres Drive Alum Bank PA 15521