Dr. Eugenia Kolkas is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Kolkas specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Kolkas can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Kolkas can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
University of Texas At Houston / Medical School At Houston 1990
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Franklin Square Hospital Center 1995
Dr. Eugenia Kolkas MD's Practice location
ELLSWORTH, ME 04605Get Direction
Dr. Eugenia Kolkas MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Possible Causes of Infertility
It almost doesn't make evolutionary sense that a woman's body should have such a difficult time getting and staying pregnant. From the purely evolutionary standpoint, you would actually think the opposite: that a woman's body would make it very simple to get pregnant and to help the baby to safely...
- When Could Vaginal Discharge Be a Sign of Something Else?
Vaginal discharge is a normal and physiological function of the body to help keep the vagina healthy. It can also have certain odors, textures, and colors, which help in the identification of infections and other physiological changes in the female body. What is a normal vaginal discharge?Vaginal...
- Having Small Babies May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease in Mothers
According to a new study, women who give birth to small, full-term babies have increased chances of developing heart diseases later in their life. The new study, conducted by the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galvesto, shows delivery of small babies as an independent predictor of heart...
- What OB-GYNs Wish Their Patients Knew about Ovarian Cancer
There are numerous things OB-GYN providers want their patients to know about ovarian cancer.For instance, that it is somewhat rare, but deadly. It ranks 5th in cancer deaths among women. Due primarily to the diagnostic issues noted below, about 70% of women are unfortunately in the most advanced...
- Different Approach to Mastectomy Can Provide 'Superior' Results
According to the results from a medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, a two-stage process involving pre-shaping breast reduction, alongside risk-reducing mastectomy and reconstruction, is considered a safer approach with superior cosmetic outcomes.Mastectomy refers to a...
- Causes and Symptoms of Metrorrhagia
What is metrorrhagia?Metrorrhagia is also known as dysfunctional uterine bleeding, which is a common gynecological complaint among women of reproductive age. This condition is also commonly experienced during the first few years of menarche. If abnormal bleeding occurs during menarche, then it is...
- Dr. Paula E Orr MD5319 Parkshire Way North Charleston SC 29418
- Dr. Kathryn Manning Hargrove M.D.2093 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Elaine Eustis MD3510 Hwy 17 North Mount Pleasant SC 29466
- Dr. Christian Smith Cook M.D.851 Leonard Fulghum Dr Mount Pleasant SC 29464
- Dr. Caroline S Keller M.D.2145 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Lori Lester Lyles M.D.1220 Hospital Dr Mount Pleasant SC 29464