Dr. Arthur Wei Yan M.D
Hepatologist | HepatologyUCSD Medical Center Dept of Medicine San Diego CA, 92103
Dr. Arthur Yan is a hepatologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Yan specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Induction of calcitonin and calcitonin receptor expression in rat mammary tissue during pregnancy.
- Hepatitis B virus (HBV) reactivation after cytotoxic or immunosuppressive therapy--pathogenesis and management.
- Thyroid hormone exerts site-specific effects on SRC-1 and NCoR expression selectively in the neonatal rat brain.
- Enteric dysbiosis associated with a mouse model of alcoholic liver disease.
- Bacterial translocation and changes in the intestinal microbiome associated with alcoholic liver disease.
- Gastroenterologists' practice patterns for positive fecal occult blood test.
- Randomized trial of 1-week versus 2-week intervals for endoscopic ligation in the treatment of patients with esophageal variceal bleeding.
Dr. Arthur Wei Yan M.D's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92103Get Direction
Los Angeles, CA 90033Get Direction
EXETER, NH 03833Get Direction
Dr. Arthur Wei Yan M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Yan
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hepatitis
Hepatitis is mainly an infection of the Liver. The condition of a person suffering from hepatitis can either be self-limiting, progressing to fibrosis (scarring), cirrhosis, or liver cancer. hepatitis viruses are the most common cause of hepatitis, but other causes spreading the same infection may...
- What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B, also known as HBV, is a disease caused by the Hepatitis B virus. This virus interferes with liver functions and can cause pathological harm. Normally, the infected person can get rid of this virus, but very few cannot, and thus becomes chronically infected. This virus can be fatal,...
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- Dr. Bahar Madani MD10666 N TORREY PINES RD LA JOLLA CA 92037
- Dr. Donald J. Hillebrand M.D.10666 N Torrey Pines Rd La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Tommy Yu-do Yen M.D.2929 Health Center Dr San Diego CA 92123
- Prof. Tarek I. Hassanein M.D.200 West Arbor Dr San Diego CA 92103
- Dr. Catherine T. Frenette M.D.10666 N TORREY PINES RD LA JOLLA CA 92037
- Dr. Preeti A. Reshamwala MD230 Prospect Pl Coronado CA 92118