Dr. John V Prunskis MD
Pain Management Specialist | Interventional Pain Medicine431 Summit St Elgin IL, 60120
Dr. John Prunskis, MD is one of the top rated doctors in the United States. He specializes in anesthesiology, interventional pain medicine, and pain medicine and currently practices medicine at Libertyville, ...
Education and Training
Rush Medical College of Chicago M.D. 1982
University of Chicago Biological Sciences 1977
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Top Pain Doctor Award 1999, 2003-04, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017 Castle Connolly
- Top Physician 2014 US News and World Report
- Clinical Professor Chicago Medical School
- Botox Injections
- Epidural Injections
- Epidural Lysis Procedure
- Facet Blocks
- Intercostal Nerve Blocks
- Intrathecal Pump Therapy
- Joint Injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma (prp)
- Percutaneous Discectomy
- Racz Epidural Neurolysis
- Radiofrequency Lesioning
- Regenerative Therapy
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Sympathetic Nerve Blocks
- Fellow Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP)
- Professional Member Illinois Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Professional Member American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Professional Member McHenry County Medical Society
- Professional Member American Academy of Pain Management
- Professional Member Spine Intervention Society
- Professional Member Illinois State Medical Society
Dr. John V Prunskis MD's Practice location
Elgin, IL 60120Get Direction
Mchenry, IL 60050Get Direction
Barrington, IL 60010Get Direction
Elmhurst, IL 60126Get Direction
Huntley, IL 60142Get Direction
Libertyville, IL 60048Get Direction
Itasca, IL 60143Get Direction
Barrington, IL 60010Get Direction
Dr. John V Prunskis MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prunskis
- Nerve Pain Medications for Fibromyalgia
Living a quality life is tough if you are dealing with chronic pain that is caused by fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by predominant pain in the bones, muscles, and soft tissue. It is also associated with sleep issues, mood swings, and overwhelming...
- Is Tramadol a Narcotic?
Most tramadol users are not aware of the drug's specifications. Therefore, there is always confusion as to whether tramadol is a narcotic or not. The truth of the matter is that this medicine works like a narcotic but is not categorized as one. It is only referred to as "narcotic-like".Tramadol is...
- Sprained Ribs: What You Need to Know
The ribs form a cage-like structure that helps protect the heart and lungs against injuries. There are 24 ribs in the human body with 12 ribs on each side. Rib injuries can affect the lungs or heart if treatment is not given in a timely manner. What is a sprained rib?A sprained rib is also called...
- What Are White 377 Pills: Usage, Dosage and Effects
IntroductionThe 377 pill is an elliptical or oval-shaped, white-colored tablet with an imprint of "377". It has been identified to contain tramadol hydrochloride in the strength of 50 mg. This tablet is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. The size of this tablet is 13 mm. It is only...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Dr. Abraham Mathew M.D.1555 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates IL 60169
- Dr. Ramesh Kancherla M.D.1555 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates IL 60169
- Dr. Martin J Monahan M.D.1555 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates IL 60169
- Dr. Paul Manganelli M.D.1585 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates IL 60169
- Dr. Yousuf Sayeed M.D.1585 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates IL 60169
- Dr. Maribel Galiano-goll M.D.1555 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates IL 60169