Dr. Roy Joy is a psychologist practicing in Murphysboro, IL. Dr. Joy specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Joy evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Joy because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Roy H. Joy PH.D.'s Practice location
Murphysboro, IL 62966Get Direction
Dr. Roy H. Joy PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating disorders are mental disorders that affect an individual's eating pattern, habits, and diet. The most common types of eating disorders are bulimia, anorexia, and binge-eating disorder, all of which affect the diet habits of a person considerably. These conditions are often characterized by...
- 10 Celebrities Identified as Pansexual
What is pansexual?Pansexual falls under the umbrella of bisexuality, but it actually reflects people who form a romantic, sexual, emotional, spiritual, or physical attraction to people regardless of their sexual expression and specific gender identity. A pansexual feels that gender is nothing but...
- Everything you Need to Know About Psychotherapy
What is psychotherapy?Sometimes simply known as therapy, psychotherapy is a form of treatment which involves two parties, that is, the therapist and you the patient. It can also be referred to as an interpersonal relation intervention by a highly trained individual (therapist) to assist in the...
- High School Runner Doesn't Let Autism Stop Him
Everyone has dreams to which they aspire. Sometimes life throws itself in the path and prevents someone from pursing their dream. Other times, by striving to fulfill, it’s possible to overcome difficulties which otherwise would have prevented progress.This is the case for Conner Stewart, a student...
- Trypophobia and Other Strange Phobias
A phobia can be defined as a debilitating and overwhelming fear of a situation, object, animal, feeling, or place. Phobias are more evident compared to "fear" and normally occur when an individual has an unrealistic or exaggerated sense of danger about an object or situation. In case a phobia gets...
- Breaking a World Record to Highlight Autism Awareness
In San Antonio, volunteers are getting together to make the world's biggest blanket fort to highlight autism awareness.The idea for the blanket fortSo, how did people decide to gather to build the world's biggest blanket fort? As many of history's most influential decisions have been made, some...
- Dr. Gail Peterson PH.D.3200 Fishback Rd Carbondale IL 62901
- Melinda Luanne Bloos Other3200 Fishback Rd Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Saul Howard Chapman PH.D.3200 Fishback Road Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Jacquelyn Ann Pickar-muniz PSY.D.202. S. Pershing St. Energy IL 62933
- Dr. Michael E May PH.D., BCBA208 Breeze St Carterville IL 62918
- Dr. Janet L Pregel P.H.D.1000 N Main St Anna IL 62906