Dr. Russell Burton is an anesthesiologist practicing in Crystal City, MO. Dr. Burton ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Burton also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1993
- Barnes-Jewish Hosp-S Campus, Anesthesiology Good Samaritan Reg Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Russell K Burton MD's Practice location
Crystal City, MO 63019Get Direction
COLUMBIA, MO 65212Get Direction
Dr. Russell K Burton MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Know the Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism refers to the condition when there is an over secretion of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland in the body. The hormones T3 and T4 are way over their normal levels. Often referred to as an overactive thyroid, there are various causes of this disease, but the one that is most...
- What Is a Normal Heart Rate?
What is heart rate?The heart rate is the number of heartbeats that occur per minute. The normal heart rate depends from person-to-person. As people get older, the heart rate changes and pulse regularity may change, which can signify heart problems or other medical conditions. Your heart rate may...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Abdul Naeem Naushad M.D.190 Industrial Dr Festus MO 63028
- Dr. Scott R Smout D.O.1400 Us Highway 61 Festus MO 63028
- Dr. Anna Wahlig D.O.703 Lakeview Dr Waterloo IL 62298
- Dr. Kevin A Coleman MD13131 Tesson Ferry Rd Saint Louis MO 63128
- Dr. Joshua M Shepherd DO3503 Sorrel Tree Ln Saint Louis MO 63129
- Dr. Steven J Granberg MD13131 Tesson Ferry Rd Saint Louis MO 63128