Dr. Gerald Green is a gastroenterologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Green specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Green performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Md Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1968
University of Maryland School of Medicine 1968
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Cellulase bezoar injection: a new endoscopic technique.
- Crohn's disease of the appendix presenting as acute appendicitis.
- Mucopolysaccharide content and vascular function of the rabbit endometrium as affected by ovarian status and intrauterine devices.
- Busulfan lung complicated by pneumocystis carinii and cytomegalovirus infection.
- Colitis cystica profunda.
- Hiatal Hernia
- Birth Defects
- Colon Polyps
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Hosp-S Tx Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Washington Hosp Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Regional Centers (South Central) Program
Dr. Gerald I Green M.D.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78258Get Direction
Dr. Gerald I Green M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Battling Depression in Crohn’s Disease
Living with Crohn’s disease means dealing with agitating symptoms such as abdominal pain and cramping, diarrhea, fever, reduced appetite, and unintentional weight loss. It can leave you feeling both physically and mentally exhausted. Over time, your mental health may be affected to an extent where...
- Tips on Living with IBS
Manage Your ConditionIt is not called the "irritable" bowel syndrome for nothing. IBS causes chronic pain and discomfort in the abdomen, as well as bloating and changes in bowel habits. These symptoms can cause physical and psychological discomforts. All things considered, there is no cure for IBS....
- What Is IBS with Diarrhea (IBS-D)?
If you are suffering from IBS-D, you may experience belly pain that is usually associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you will be forced to make several trips to the bathroom. The letter "D" stands for "diarrhea".General CausesThere is no actual cause of IBS-D. However, the following are...
- Dietary Supplements for Celiac Disease
What is celiac disease?Celiac disease is a hereditary autoimmune disease. Thus, it usually runs in the family of the individual. When individuals with celiac disease take any food that contains gluten, their body's immune system attacks the small intestine. In many cases, it is often difficult to...
- Complications of Celiac Disease
Some people can live most of their lives without knowing they have celiac disease. If you notice a pattern of experiencing chronic hives, exhaustion and bloating, consider it may be due to your diet. If you have a disease like celiac, you will experience these painful and uncomfortable symptoms...
- Is There Such a Thing as a Gluten "Cheat Day"?
In a recent article published in Health Central, the author tells her story about intentionally eating gluten. She was diagnosed with celiac disease over 20 years ago and began a gluten-free diet as an eighth-grader. She accidentally ate gluten a few times and the symptoms were overwhelming. Bloated...
- Dr. Jeff S. Bullock M.D.520 East Euclid Avenue San Antonio Texas 78212
- Dr. Bassem Mazloum M.D.8550 Datapoint Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Dr. Donna M Mcmyler MD8214 Wurzbach Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Mario A Garza M.D.8214 Wurzbach Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Yasmin Alishahi M.D.Ut College Of Medicine Memphis TN 38163
- Dr. Tisha N Lunsford M.D.7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229