Michael Howe M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1500 E. Medical Center Dr. Ann Arbor MI, 48109
Dr. Michael Howe is a cardiologist practicing in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Howe specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Howe also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Michael Howe M.D.'s Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684Get Direction
Michael Howe M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Howe
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Nuts and your heart: Eating nuts for heart health
Whether roasted or raw, walnuts are the best nuts and have an abundance of heart healthy nutrients. In a recent study, researchers compared the amount of polyphenols — the powerful antioxidants — in nine types of roasted and raw nuts. They also measured the amount of these antioxidants in two...
- What are the Side Effects of the Clonidine Drug?
Hypertension or high blood pressure is a condition that causes an immense force of blood on the walls of the arteries. This pressure could sometimes be so high that it could eventually lead to certain health conditions. High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of stroke and other serious...
- Atrial Fibrillation vs. ,Ventricular Fibrillation
Any condition of the heart should be taken seriously, as heart conditions can cause very serious damage to the body, especially if not treated quickly and adequately. While all heart abnormalities should be treated as quickly as possible, it is important to understand the differences between atrial...
- Mark Rasak DO36465 Edinborough Ct. Farmington Hills Michigan 48335
- Jim Bengtson1202 Olivia Avenue Ann Arbor Michigan 48104
- Peter Andrew Mccullough MD, MPH47601 Grand River Ave Novi MI 48374
- Stanley J Chetcuti MD1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Syamasundera Zampani MD5325 Elliott Dr Ypsilanti MI 48197
- Todd M Koelling MD400 East Eisenhower Pkwy Ann Arbor MI 48108