Dr. Patricia Murphy is a speech language pathologist practicing in NEW WINDSOR, NY. Dr. Murphy specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Murphy evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Murphy helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Patricia Ann Murphy's Practice location
NEW WINDSOR, NY 12553Get Direction
Patricia Ann Murphy's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Deborah C Connelly CCC-SLP7 ARNOLD BLVD POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12603
- Mrs. Kristina M Crow MS, CCC-SLP3079B WEBB PL WEST POINT NY 10996
- Mrs. Barbara Kaplan M.S., CCC-SLP, TSHH2727 CROMPOND RD YORKTOWN HEIGHTS NY 10598
- Mrs. Kristy L Lesko M.S., SLP3001 MORGAN DR CARMEL NY 10512
- Joelle Marie Von bischoffshausen CCC-SLP101 MANSION ST POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12601
- Mrs. Janet Marie Sokol MS ED, CCC-SLP115 DELAFIELD ST POUGHKEEPSIE NY 12601