Katie Beaton is a pediatric physical therapist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Katie is a doctor specializing in physical treatment of children to help reduce pain, restore mobility, rehabilitate an injury, or increase movement and overall function. As a physical therapist, Dr. Beaton can treat multiple conditions with exercises, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, joint mobilization, heat, ice, massage, laser or light therapy and more. Dr. Beaton will create a treatment plan based on the childs specific injury, disease or condition, and might target a specific body part or body system based on the individual.
Katie Beaton PT's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35211Get Direction
Katie Beaton PT's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Avoid Delaying Acute Ulcerative Colitis Surgery, Study Says
The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting presented data that showed postoperative complications and longer hospital stays were more common in patients with acute ulcerative colitis, for whom surgery was postponed. Ira Leeds, general surgery resident of the...
- Do You Know Enough About Seizures?
Any changes in the electrical system of the brain can cause a seizure. It can sometimes be called an attack, convulsion, spell, or a fit. There can be many causes for a single seizure such as lack of oxygen, infection, tumor, high fever, trauma, poisoning, or after a brain surgery. It is important...
- With Fibromyalgia, Pain Can Be Motivation
The pursuit of pleasure and happiness and avoidance of pain and strife has been a factor which has driven us as a species to evolve so that we may adapt to our environments and reap its many benefits. Even back in prehistoric times where daily life was filled to the brim with agents which could...
- Bladder Infection: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Bladder infection, also referred to as cystitis, is the inflammation of the bladder caused by bacterial infection. This infection can get anywhere in the urinary tract, such as the kidneys, bladder, urethra or ureters and hence is also called a urinary tract infection (UTI). In the majority of...
- Levator Scapulae Muscle: Function, Trigger Points, and Anatomy
Levator Scapulae MuscleThe levator scapulae is a long muscle, which is located at the back and side of the neck. It is known to end at the top of the shoulder. Its Latin name indicates its function of lifting the scapula. Regardless of muscular development, this long muscle is difficult to see. It...
- Miss Constance Jeanne Cushing PT MS1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Jonathan Adam Knott DPT1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Ms. Melissa Michelle Sexton PT700 Century Park S Birmingham AL 35226
- Mrs. Angela Rae Jones LPTA700 Century Park S Birmingham AL 35226
- Mabry Fisher1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Mrs. Katie S Roberts PT, DPT1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233