Dr. Elizabeth Pohlson practices Pediatric Surgery in Tacoma, WA. Dr. Pohlson treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Pohlsondiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1979
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Development of a systematic protocol to identify victims of non-accidental trauma.
- Antiserum to endotoxin in hemorrhagic shock.
- Humoral factors in primate endotoxin shock.
- Individualized management of colonic atresia.
- Improved survival with primary anastomosis in the low birth weight neonate with esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula.
- Lung abscess: a changing pattern of the disease.
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Ventral Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- New York University
- University of Hawaii Program
Dr. Elizabeth Carol Pohlson M.D.'s Practice location
Tacoma, WA 98405Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth Carol Pohlson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- John Chapell507 North 1 Street Tacoma Washington 98403
- Dr. Mauricio A Escobar MD315 Martin Luther King Jr Way Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Kenneth Scott Azarow MDMchj-S Tacoma WA 98431
- Dr. Christopher R Newton MD311 S L St Tacoma WA 98405
- Dr. Loren Mason Cobb M.D.3013 S 363rd St Federal Way WA 98003
- Oliver B Lao Other311 S L St Tacoma WA 98405