Dr. Darin J Awaya MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon405 N Kuakini St Suite 608 Honolulu HI, 96817
Dr. Darin Awaya is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Honolulu, HI. Dr. Awaya specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Awaya tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
University of Hawaii
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- University Ca Davis Health System
Dr. Darin J Awaya MD's Practice location
Honolulu, HI 96817Get Direction
Dr. Darin J Awaya MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Awaya
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Hip Pain: Causes and Treatment
Any pain that is felt around the hip joint is usually referred to as hip pain. This is a very common condition and often confusing, as there are several reasons for the pain in the hip region. Hip pain can make everyday activities more difficult. Many people feel a snapping sound in the hip joint....
- Arthritis: Arthroplasty and Joint Replacement
What is arthroplasty?As the name suggests, arthroplasty is a procedure that is performed on the joints. These procedures are limited. Therefore, arthroplasty is usually the last option for the patient as well as the physician. The purpose of arthroplasty is to repair stiffened joints, relieve pain,...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Dr. Salvador B. Cecilio M.D.91-2139 Fort Weaver Road Ewa Beach Hawaii 96706
- Dr. John A. Jiuliano MD104 Poipu Drive Honolulu Hawaii 96825
- Dr. Gregory Dammann M.D.1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center HI 96859
- Dr. William Ely Burkhalter MD1319 Punahou St Honolulu HI 96826
- Dr. Mickey M Tseng M.D.2228 Liliha St Honolulu HI 96817
- Dr. Byron Hideo Izuka MD98-1079 Moanalua Rd Aiea HI 96701