Dr. Mathew Gordon is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Gordon specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Gordon is a unique dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform general surgery and give anesthesia. These medical doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Gordon are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, corrective jaw surgery, cleft palate surgery and reconstructive surgery after an injury. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform dental work including placing dental implants. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
Texas A&M University, TX 1992
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1995
Mathew Charles Gordon M.D. D.D.S.'s Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78212Get Direction
Mathew Charles Gordon M.D. D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Freeze my Eggs if I Have Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a very painful condition in which the endometrial tissue, the tissue which is lining the inside of the uterus, grows outside of the uterine cavity. This condition is very common in U.S. and more than 6 million American women are suffering from this condition. The women that are...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- Dr. Patricia E. Lopez D.D.S.7703 Floyd Drive - Dept. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery San Antonio TX 78229
- Edward Ellis DDS MS7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Brendan Timothy Farrell D.D.S.2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236
- Dr. James Preston Coleman DDS3338 Oakwell Court San Antonio TX 78218
- Dr. David George Leibold DDS MD7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Jeffrey Steven Wert DDS3338 Oakwell Court San Antonio TX 78218