Dr. Gholam Malek is a urologist practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Malek specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Tabriz University Of Medical Sciences, Faculty Of Medicine 1961
TABRIZ UNIV (UNIV OF AZARABADEGAN) 1962
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Serum prostate-specific antigen concentration is a powerful predictor of acute urinary retention and need for surgery in men with clinical benign prostatic hyperplasia. PLESS Study Group.
- Low molecular weight urinary proteins. I. Partial amino acid sequences of the retinol-binding proteins of man and dog.
- Bladder wall calcification after topical mitomycin C.
- Acute lobular nephronia.
- Renal transplant donor selection by mixed lymphocyte culture.
- Problems in diagnosis and treatment in renal transplantation.
- Renal vein thrombosis in canine kidney transplants.
- Urinary tract infection after renal transplantation.
- Complications of donor nephrectomy.
- Effect of single dose irradiation on isolated perfused canine kidney.
- Multilocular renal cyst. Angiographic, ultrasonic, and cyst-puncture findings.
- The lack of hemostatic effect of polyestradiol phosphate and carbazochrome salicylate in transurethral prostatectomy.
- Kidney allograft survival in the dog predicted by mixed leukocyte culture tests.
- The management of patients undergoing bilateral nephrectomy.
- Arteriovenous shunts for hemodialysis.
- U Wisc Hosp Clins
Dr. Gholam H. Malek M.D.'s Practice location
Madison, WI 53704Get Direction
Dr. Gholam H. Malek M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Is This Genital Herpes or do I have Cold Sores?
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus causes both genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores). However, the strain varies, with the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) causing cold sores while the herpes simplex type 2 (HSV2) causes genital herpes. HSV1 is mostly transmitted...
- Erectile Dysfunction: Is Hormone Therapy Right for Me?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects the ability of a man to have an erection and maintain it long enough to have a satisfying sexual experience. There are certain times when a man may not fully rise to the occasion during sexual intercourse, and this can be due to other factors aside from...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- What Causes Blood in the Urine?
The presence of blood in the urine could cause anxiety. Although there are cases where the cause is actually not a cause of concern, some cases may also indicate a serious condition.Blood in the urine is known as hematuria. The blood that you can see with your naked eye is referred to as gross...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Dr. Devin Brooke Johnson M.D.752 N High Point Rd Madison WI 53717
- Dr. Wade A Bushman MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. David R Paolone MD1 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Dr. Lynn E Hahnfeld MD752 N High Point Rd Madison WI 53717
- Dr. Edwin Jason Abel M.D.600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Jennifer L Maskel MD1313 Fish Hatchery Rd Madison WI 53715