Dr. Jack Agin practices Endocrinology in Massapequa Park, NY. Dr. Agin specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Agin examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1961
Washington Center / School of Medicine 1961
Washington University of Health and Sciences 1961
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr-W La, Internal Medicine; Interfaith Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Jack Guy Agin MD's Practice location
Massapequa Park, NY 11762Get Direction
Dr. Jack Guy Agin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Drugs for Erectile Dysfunction May Improve Prostate Problems
Drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction may be helpful in relieving some of the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This was reported from a study conducted by Claus G. Roehrborn, MD, with the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and colleagues. About 1,058 men, who had...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Diabetic Ketoacidosis?
An OverviewDiabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is considered to be one of the most severe metabolic imbalance associated with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes mellitus is also known as insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, wherein a patient depends upon external sources of insulin as its body is...
- Should Doctors Consider Brittle Diabetes Separate from Type 1 Diabetes?
Back in 2012, a Long Island resident, Rosemarie Sorge, was rushed to the emergency room with diabetic ketoacidosis. Diabetic ketoacidosis is a deadly condition that is characterized by an excess of ketones in the bloodstream, caused by a lack of insulin. These ketones are highly toxic and can create...
- Holistic Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a very common condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce adequate hormones to maintain the metabolic levels of the body. Having a low amount of thyroid hormones in the blood affects the energy production in cells. A decrease in thyroid hormones leads to fatigue and...
- When Could Polydipsia Be a Sign of Something Serious?
Extreme thirst is medically referred to as polydipsia, which is believed to be the first signs of diabetes. Polydipsia can also be accompanied by dry mouth, which could be constantly or temporarily experienced.In order for the body to function properly, it is important to drink an adequate amount of...
- Major League Player Supports Diabetes Awareness and Excels on the Field
Most people dream about being an astronaut, firefighter or footballer when they're young. So many days during childhood are spent thinking about what they want to be when they're grown up, that it made kids want to practice what they loved for when they're older. Everything was possible in those...
- Dr. Edward M Condon MD1000 Northern Boulevard Great Neck NY 11021
- Dr. Martin Greenfield MD2 Prohealth Plaza Lake Success New York 11042
- Dr. Tatiana Baron D.O.3003 New Hyde Park Road New Hyde Park New York 11042
- Dr. Siham Accacha M.D.120 Mineola Boulevard Mineola New York 11501
- Dr. Rachel Pessah pollack M.D.2 Pro Health Plz New Hyde Park NY 11042
- Dr. Daniel Lorber M.D.,F.A.C.P.5945 161st St Fresh Meadows NY 11365