Dr. Mehrdad Ayati is a family practitioner practicing in Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Ayati specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Ayati possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Teheran University of Medical Sciences And Health Services MD
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Geriatric Medicine- 2011
- University of California, Davis Affiliated Hospitals 2009
- Stanford University School of Medicine CA 2010
Experience & Accolades
- Medical Director 2011 - 2014Sunnyvale Health Center
- Medical Director2011 - 2014 Los Altos Subacute Care
Dr. Mehrdad Ayati MD's Practice location
Palo Alto, CA 94304Get Direction
MENLO PARK, CA 94025Get Direction
Dr. Mehrdad Ayati MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ayati
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- 5 Tips on Living with Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bothersome and uncomfortable. Apart from being unattractive, varicose veins are associated with both physical and mental pain. High temperatures during the summer call for relaxed clothing, and varicose veins can prevent someone from living their life happily. Because age is one...
- Facts About Asthma That You Should Know
Breathe in and breathe out. Isn't it one of the simplest things to do in life? But when you see your loved ones, especially your children, wheezing, it can really make you anxious and stressed. One of the most traumatizing diseases that can leave one struggling for something as basic as oxygen is...
- Guaifenesin Drug Interactions
What is guaifenesin?It is an expectorant. It helps to cough out mucus through the mouth. It is known to reduce chest congestion caused by infections, common cold or allergies, respiratory illnesses, and bronchitis. It is not used to treat cough caused by smoking and long-term breathing problems....
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- Dr. Joanabel Sta Maria Cepe M.D.200 Jose Figueres Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Peter Watson Brown M.D.747 Altos Oaks Dr Los Altos CA 94024
- Dr. Deepa Ramachandran MD15195 National Ave Los Gatos CA 95032
- Dr. Sayema A Saifullah MD2734 El Camino Real Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. Antonina Bondyasheva M.D.4860 Y St Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Vilasni M Ganesh MD18805 Cox Ave Saratoga CA 95070