Dr. Mary Schmidt is a pediatrician practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Schmidt is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Schmidt diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Schmidt can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
University of Louisville School of Medicine 1985
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Evolution of a living donor liver transplantation advocacy program.
- MLL-SEPT6 fusion transcript with a novel sequence in an infant with acute myeloid leukemia.
- Do parents have the right to refuse standard treatment for their child with favorable-prognosis cancer? Ethical and legal concerns.
- Hearing loss, quality of life, and academic problems in long-term neuroblastoma survivors: a report from the Children's Oncology Group.
- Fixing the system, not the women: an innovative approach to faculty advancement.
- Pediatric squamous cell carcinoma arising in an alpha-fetoprotein-producing mature cystic teratoma of the mandible.
- Prolonged chronic phase of greater than 10 years of chronic myelogenous leukemia in a patient with congenital human immunodefeciency virus infection.
- Conjunctival marginal zone b-cell lymphoma in a 13-year-old child.
- Online ethics discussion forum facilitates medical center clinical ethics case reviews.
- Control of disseminated intravascular coagulation in Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber syndrome using enoxaparin and recombinant activated factor VIIa: a case report.
- Discordant parent reports of family functioning following childhood
- Ototoxicity in children with high-risk neuroblastoma: prevalence, risk factors, and concordance of grading scales--a report from the Children's Oncology Group.
- A unique description of stage IV extranodal marginal zone lymphoma (EMZL) in an adolescent associated with gamma heavy chain disease.
- Chemotherapy in Children with Head and Neck Cancers: Perspectives and Review of Current Therapies.
- Brain Tumor
- Bone Cancer
- Birth Defects
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Mary Lou Schmidt M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Mary Lou Schmidt M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- Is Your Poop Healthy?
Have you ever given a glance at your poop before flushing it? Probably, not! We mostly do it every day, but never realize that the look and color of our poop can indicate a lot of things about our health. Yes! Our pooping habits can tell a lot about whether we are leading a healthy lifestyle or not....
- What Is Breast Milk Jaundice?
Jaundice is a very common disorder in newborns. Actually, about 60% of infants experience jaundice within the initial days after birth. It develops when there is a high level of bilirubin in the blood. Bilirubin is a yellowish pigment released when the red blood cells are broken down.Normally,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Allergy Reality Launches Tools for Advocating and Educating Those with Food Sensitivities
The beginning of a new school year is an exciting time for students and parents alike. Many students look forward to meeting up with friends and sharing about their summer vacation adventures. Also, there’s the prospect of meeting new teachers and learning more about the world around them as well...
- Mrs. Jolanta Dziok M.D.7447 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Brenda Louise Giles MD FRCPC FAAP5801 South Ellis Avenue Chicago Illinois 60637
- Dr. Luis F. Santiago MD5533 Cermak Road Cicero Illinois 60804
- Dr. Mohammad Mahmud Khan MD661 Graceland Ave Des Plaines IL 60016
- Mr. Hector O. Bustamante MD1823 W. Chicago Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Shanti Nair MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153