Dr. Gary K Shen M.D.
Transplant Surgeon1707 W Charleston Blvd #160, Patient Care C Las Vegas NV, 89102
Dr. Gary Shen is a transplant surgeon practicing in Las Vegas, NV. Dr. Shen specializes in organ transplants, and may perform surgeries involved with the transplant of organs such as the kidneys, liver, pancreas, intestines, heart, lungs, tracheal tissue and more. As a transplant surgeon, Dr. Shen performs long, complex surgeries that might take many hours to complete. Transplant surgeons remove the organ from the donor as well as transplant the organ in the recipient. Dr. Shen works with transplant physicians, nurses and surgical residents, and is responsible for and complications which may arise during or after surgery.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1988
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1988
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- [Genetic diversity and differentiation of cultivated Fagoyrum tataricum populations from three counties in south Liangshan Automomous Prefecture of Yi Nationality, Sichuan, China].
- [Genetic diversity of Fagoyrum tataricum cultivated in north Liangshan Prefecture of Yi Nationality, Sichuan, China].
- TNF-alpha, IL-6, IFN-gamma, and IL-10 gene expression polymorphisms and the IL-4 receptor alpha-chain variant Q576R: effects on renal allograft outcome.
- Up-regulation of prolactin gene expression and feedback modulation of lymphocyte proliferation during acute allograft rejection.
- Human thymocytes express a prolactin-like messenger ribonucleic acid and synthesize bioactive prolactin-like proteins.
- Presumed consent: the case of the John Doe donor.
- Control of nonhepatic intra-abdominal hemorrhage with temporary packing.
- Whole organ pancreas recovery using ultrasonically activated shears.
- A specific binding site in Nb2 node lymphoma cells mediates the effects of didemnin B, an immunosuppressive cyclic peptide.
- Localized cecal zygomycosis following renal transplantation.
- Does the retrocecal position of the vermiform appendix alter the clinical course of acute appendicitis? A prospective analysis.
- Immunomodulation by didemnins. Invertebrate marine natural products.
- Selective CellCept therapy in high-risk renal transplant recipients.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Inguinal Hernia
- Vascular Disease
Dr. Gary K Shen M.D.'s Practice location
Las Vegas, NV 89102Get Direction
Dr. Gary K Shen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shen
- Eat Whole Grains to Boost Your Health
Whole grains are the best way to include more nutrients in a diet. They are rich in protein, fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals, like iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium. Diets containing whole grains reduce the risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and certain forms of...
- What Causes Ovarian Cancer?
Doctors and scientists still hadn’t found the exact causes of ovarian cancer, but there are a few risk factors that may be closely connected to this disease. The epithelial type of ovarian cancer is the most common among women of every age. Women above their 60s are at highest risk, while those...
- Trazodone: Withdrawal, Abuse, and Overdose
Trazodone AbuseTrazodone is an antidepressant drug which is prescribed to treat and manage major depressive disorder. Depression is a mental disorder which causes extreme feelings of sadness and loss of interest in activities and life.Trazodone must be taken with care because its effect on the...
- What Is an Acai Bowl?
What is acai?Acai is the primary ingredient in acai bowl recipes. Acai is the fruit of the acai palm. It is a small grape-like fruit, with thin deep purple pulp surrounding a single large seed; the seed makes up 80% of the fruit. Acai fruit is sweet in nature. Acai palm grows in the jungles of South...
- Early Signs of Pregnancy You Should Know
Missed PeriodThis is the most obvious indicator that you’re pregnant. Women who have regular menstruation consider this the most important sign of being pregnant.Swollen and tender breastsYour body’s estrogen and progesterone levels are increased because you’re pregnant. The increased levels...
- What a Migraine Really Is: Know the Facts
What is a migraine?A migraine refers to a type of headache, which commonly attacks one side of the head, although the condition can also happen on both sides of the head. Migraine pain is always intense, throbbing, and severe. If you have a migraine, you are also likely to experience a headache that...