Dr. Anne Lockey is a psychiatrist practicing in Port Charlotte, FL. Dr. Lockey is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Lockey diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Lockey may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Lockey treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Temple University School of Medicine 1965
- 'Clearance' of cervical spine injury in the obtunded patient.
- Patient preference for route of diclofenac.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults. Revised guidelines are more evidence based.
- Teaching and learning.
- Decision making by emergency physicians when assessing cardiac arrest patients on arrival at hospital.
- Emergency department drug therapy for status epilepticus in adults.
- Recognition of death and termination of cardiac resuscitation attempts by UK ambulance personnel.
- Improved trauma management with advanced trauma life support (ATLS) training.
- Intrasound for ankle injuries.
- An unusual complication of major trauma in a jockey.
- U South Fla Med Sch
Dr. Anne S Lockey M.D.'s Practice location
Port Charlotte, FL 33948Get Direction
Dr. Anne S Lockey M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Sertraline
Sertraline, also known as Zoloft in brand form, is an antidepressant that belongs to the group of drugs known as Select Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs). Sertraline is the oral form of the drug and is usually prescribed by a doctor. Being a generic drug, sertraline is cheaper than its brand...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- Xanax: Side Effects, Withdrawal Symptoms, & the Safe Way to Get Off the Drug
Xanax is a medication used to treat patients suffering from panic disorders, anxiety, and depression due to anxiety. Xanax is a part of the drug family or class benzodiazepines.Effects of this drug usually start within twenty-five minutes of taking it and provide relief for up to a few hours....
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Can I Still Live a Normal Life If I have Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental condition, which affects how a person thinks, feels, and acts. A person affected by this condition may have a hard time distinguishing what is real and what is imaginary. A person could also be unresponsive or withdrawn and may have difficulty in expressing normal...
- Dr. Mizyl Damayo M.D.1 Trillium Way Corbin KY 40701
- Dr. Bennett William Mcallister MD1436 Lake Ave Metairie LA 70005
- Dr. James W Roberts MD2960 S Mccall Rd Englewood FL 34224
- Dr. Delia G. Toledo M.D.B87 Calle Tirado Garcia Manati PR 00674
- Dr. Robert Kenneth Brotman MD1700 Education Ave Punta Gorda FL 33950
- Dr. Rosamma S Panjikaran MD350 Mary St Punta Gorda FL 33950