As leader of the Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT) service at Mount Sinai, Dr. Isola promotes clinical and translational research on bone marrow transplantation. He has developed several protocols inc ...
Education and Training
Univ De Buenos Aires- Fac De Med- Buenos Aires- Argentina 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- [HIGH DOSES OF CORTICOSTEROIDS IN THE TREATMENT OF LYMPHOSARCOMAS. ANATOMOCLINICAL STUDY].
- A case report of concomitant paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria and sickle cell disease.
- The evolution of hematopoietic SCT in myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Transgenic animals: a new era in developmental biology and medicine.
- Plasma membrane fatty acid-binding protein and mitochondrial glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase of rat liver are related.
- Enzymatic amplification of a Y chromosome repeat in a single blastomere allows identification of the sex of preimplantation mouse embryos.
- Prospective study of mobilization kinetics up to 18 hours after late-afternoon dosing of plerixafor.
- Expression of a methotrexate resistant dihydrofolate reductase gene in transgenic mice.
- Adverse drug reaction: pomalidomide-induced liver injury.
- Anemia in a line of transgenic mice carrying a mutant dihydrofolate reductase gene.
- Systemic resistance to methotrexate in transgenic mice carrying a mutant dihydrofolate reductase gene.
- [Abdominal tuberculosis].
- [Correlation between symptoms and complex arrhythmias using the Holter system].
- Recent studies of the cellular uptake of long chain free fatty acids.
- Uptake of long chain free fatty acids is selectively up-regulated in adipocytes of Zucker rats with genetic obesity and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Stratton Foundation Award for Hematology Research 1989
- American Society of Hematology Scholar Award, American Society of Hem 1988
- Research Award, 3rd. Annual Research Day of the Department of Medicin 1985
- Pan American Health Office Fellowship Award, Pan American Health Orga 1983
- Price & Waterhouse House Staff Award, Department of Internal Medicine 1980
- Honour Diploma (Summa cum Laude), 1979
- New York Super Doctors 2008, 2008
- Mt Sinai Sch Of Med, Hematology-Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine, Center for Medical Education
- Hematology, Mount Sinai Hospital
- HEMATOLOGY, Mount Sinai, New York, NY 1985
- HEMATOLOGY, Mount Sinai, New York, NY 1983
Dr. Luis M Isola MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10029Get Direction
New York, NY 10029Get Direction
Dr. Luis M Isola MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Inspirational Blood Cancer Survivors
Different forms of blood cancer are responsible for claiming the third most lives out of all the types of cancer. Additionally, there are currently no known preventative treatments for blood cancers, and the disease also impacts children and young people more than any other form of cancer.When it...
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- Little Boy Tugs at Heartstrings of Entire Community: Be the Match!
Danny Feltwell, a young six-year-old boy, was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma when he was just two years old. After undergoing countless procedures and just four months from being considered fully cured, Danny relapsed and had to be re-hospitalized. The doctors found that a large tumor...
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- The Promising Future of Gene Therapy and Lymphoma
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma affects over 700,000 people in America alone. Though current treatments are moderately effective, especially for aggressive forms of the disease, more can be done to help people impacted by NHL. Researchers are doing just that by working to develop new, innovative treatment for...
- David Jin6 Clinton Court Staten Island New York 10301
- Dr. Hal Gerstein MD225 Community Drive Great Neck New York 11021
- Pilar Nava-Parada20 W 72nd St New York NY 10023
- Brian H. Kim350 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 7631
- Olubunmi Olutoyin Afonja77 West Haledon Avenue Haledon New Jersey 7508
- Dr. Francis A. Forte M.D.350 Engle St Englewood NJ 07631