Dr. Tymwa Dixon is a family practitioner practicing in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Dixon specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Dixon possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1997
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1997
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Vascular Disease
- Baton Rouge Gen Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center Program
Dr. Tymwa Duval Dixon MD's Practice location
Shreveport, LA 71107Get Direction
Dr. Tymwa Duval Dixon MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms and Prevention
Dehydration is the term used to describe the state of the human body when it is loses more body fluid than you take in. Body fluid, mainly water, is lost through sweat, tears, vomiting, urine and diarrhea. Dehydration could vary from mild to severe based on a number of factors, such as weather...
- Different Blood Types and What They Mean
The ABO (A, B, AB, or O) blood group system is used to classify different types of antibodies in the plasma and antigens in the red blood cells (RBCs). The ABO blood group and RhD antigen determine the type of blood that is a perfect match for blood transfusions. The four ABO blood groups are: ...
- Medical Conditions That Are Associated with Lethargy
What are The Symptoms of Lethargy?Lethargy symptoms include:• Sluggishness• Being moody• Decreased level of alertness• Low energy levels• Fatigue and lack of motivation• Depression• Weight loss• Sweating and diarrheaMedical conditions such as premenstrual syndrome and medicinal side...
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- What Could Pain on Top of the Foot Mean?
The foot comprises flexible structures of soft tissues, muscles, joints, and bones that enable us to stand, walk, and perform other daily movements. However, certain injuries and a number of health conditions can impair the balance and movement of the foot, causing pain and other problems.The pain...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Dr. Babajide Olatokunbo Olutimehin M.D.7710 Beechnut St Ste 206 Houston TX 77074
- Dr. Ricky Garland Davidson MD2300 Hospital Dr Bossier City LA 71111
- Dr. Bruce P. Brouillette MD3312 N Market St Shreveport LA 71107
- Dr. Kevin Mark Mcgann M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Thomas Jeffrey Bernard M.D.9425 Healthplex Drive Shreveport LA 71106
- Dr. Thanh Dai Vo M.D.1017 W Fertitta Blvd Leesville LA 71446