Dr. James Smith is a dermatologist practicing in Montgomery, AL. Dr. Smith specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Smith diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1971
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Hives (urticaria)
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Skin Tag
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Natural Hormone Balancing
- Letterman Army Med Center
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. James Donald Smith MD's Practice location
Montgomery, AL 36106Get Direction
Dr. James Donald Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- How Contagious Are Cold Sores?
A cold sore is an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus or HSV. The type of HSV that causes cold sores is the HSV-1. It is a very common condition that affects people before their twenties. Many Americans are infected by the HSV-1 by the time they are 20 years old. Cold sores can be painful...
- What Are the Treatments for Cold Sores?
Cold sores are inflamed fluid-filled blisters, which appear in clusters on and around the mouth or lips. They can be seen when a person has a weakened immune system during fever, cold, or any other disease. Usually, cold sores are not harmful and should heal on their own within two to four weeks...
- Heat Rash: What Is Miliaria Crystallina?
Heat rash is also known as miliaria or "prickly heat". It is a type of skin disease that mostly affects people living in hot or humid areas. It forms as a result of blockage of the sweat glands. This restricts sweat, and it is trapped inside the skin tissues where it causes inflammation.This...
- Can Men Get a Yeast Infection?
Many people think that only women suffer from yeast infections, but men can get them too, though it is much less common. This infection in men can be very painful and unpleasant.It is important to be aware of the symptoms and causes, as this can help in diagnosing and treating the infection in time...
- What Could Itchy Palms Mean?
Although an itchy palm is rarely caused by serious conditions, it can also indicate a chronic skin problem that requires frequent treatment.Your doctor can help diagnose your condition by identifying other symptoms you experience and what causes your itchy palm. Your doctor will recommend or...
- How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
Hair growth can sometimes be excessive due to medical conditions or genetic predisposition. Laser hair removal is a permanent way of getting rid of or reducing hair. The procedure is used for removing hair on the arms, legs, genital area, back, chest, face, neck, etc. Are you considering laser...
- Dr. Elizabeth Ann Mountcastle MD286 Mitylene Park Dr Montgomery AL 36117
- Elise P Barnett MD286 Mitylene Park Dr Montgomery AL 36117
- Dr. James Stephen Maddox MD286 Mitylene Park Dr Montgomery AL 36117
- Dr. John Lee Anthony M.D.4712 Berry Blvd Montgomery AL 36106
- Dr. Katherine Jane Willard M.D.4500 San Pablo Rd S Jacksonville FL 32224
- Dr. Nga Athena Phan MD300 Taylor Rd Montgomery AL 36117